The power of attorney is a written authorization to represent or act on behalf of another person in legal matters, business and private affairs. Specific rules and regulations apply to power of attorney in Denmark. The person who gives the authority of legal representation (grantor) to another one has to be of legal age (over 18 years old) and prove an essential mental capacity. The attorney-in-fact has to be loyal and honest to the grantor. Danish power of attorney is required in several legal situations and may be revoked at any time deemed appropriate. If you need legal assistance and representation, our lawyers in Denmark can provide you power of attorney.
Depending on the jurisdiction, several types of power of attorney are available in Denmark:
• Oral and written – the Danish law usually requires a written power of attorney; hospitals, nursing homes and banks entail only a written form before honoring it;
• Durable – the power of attorney is effective even after the grantor has become incapacitated. This is also known as enduring power of attorney;
• For the future - it is a legal instrument that becomes effective only if the grantor is incapacitated. This allows for the grantor`s affairs to be managed in case of injury or illness;
• Health care – the attorney-in-fact has the power to make health care decisions for the grantor.
Our attorneys in Denmark can provide you with a detailed presentation of the legal provisions of power of attorney in this country.
This legal instrument can be used in a variety of situations in Denmark and below we present some of them:
• For business purposes – if you want to open a company in Denmark or set up a branch, obtain special permits and licenses for your business or register for VAT, power of attorney can be a very useful instrument;
• Finances – the use of power of attorney allows someone else to make financial decisions or conduct business in Denmark on your behalf. Closing a business or debt collection in Denmark can be done by the use of power of attorney.
• Health care – health related decisions taken for you by the use of power of attorney.
Don`t hesitate to contact our law firm in Denmark if you need legal representation in this country.
There are no comments